1.4
Insurance Quality

My husband and I purchased a brand new 2016 Thor Ace 29.2 in April.My husband was ill, and we thought we would have some quality time together in our new motorhome.

Well, we got to spend three days in it together before he passed away in July. Our first trip out, we experienced problems with the failure of the toilet to flush solids out of the vertical pipe below the toilet, and send the stuff into the black water tank. I took the motorhome back to Camping World after things settled down after his passing. It was like "Hey, here comes a new widow, we don't have to do anything for her!!!

And that's exactly what they did. They "willingly" reglued a piece of trim back up over the bedroom sliding door, but only shined a flashlight down the toilet and told me there was nothing wrong. They had the rig for 30 days! I didn't know until the day I picked it up that they had done absolutely nothing to repair the toilet.

"It works as it was designed." I left on my trip very angry, but had no other options. My house was sold. The toilet continued to "work as designed" (not function!!!), and when I got to Portland, Oregon, I took the motorhome back into Camping World. They repaired a couple of little items, but once again, NOTHING was done about the toilet.

Another 30 days out of my life staying with friends waiting for my new home to function like a real home! Got onto the road again - this time I left for the desert SW - I now carried a mop handle with me to "stir the contents of the toilet" in order to move things on to the black-water tank. This was required every day or two. After I returned back to Portland, again the RV was returned to Camping World.

Guess what?

I don't know how it happened, but my rig is out of warranty now and the toilet is my problem!I won't add a photo here - I'm sure no one wants to see a toilet full of ***!

Review about: 2016 Thor Motor Coach Ace 29.2 Rv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Customer service and warranty service.

Had an Experience with Thor Industries?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion