72 views
Verified Reviewer

Bought a new Thor Motorcoach from Paul Sherry before they sold out to camping world. Worst experience ever.

Salesman got a bad attitude when I told them about warranty repairs needed done was more worried about his commission. Was lied to about the 3 yr warranty and got stuck with factory defects to have to fix out of my pocket. Detected or had approx. 40 defects within 14 months, many were present before purchase.

They refused to fix the obvious factory defective window or cabinets mounted around the electric bunk that were installed out of square. So ended up with a $80k new motorhome with 1,300 mi's I can't lock up because of window and bunk rubs and damages the fake wood when operated. Been in shop good portion of time waiting on parts and repair. Seems like the dealer and Thor doesn't care about quality and defects, they stick the buyer with excessive down time, waiting on parts, trips to repair and try to avoid repairing some obvious factory defects (said 3 yr warranty expired in 1yr).

They won't do what's morally correct, seems everything changes once they get your money. I would never buy a Thor or from Paul Sherry again! Check out all the bad THOR reviews and BBB. Check every little thing out even if it takes days and make sure they fix them before receiving rv and signing sales agreement with any seller.

The life long dream and great experience feeling took a humongous dive after they got my money, the excessive non stop issues make me sick to my stomach, this thing will most likely quarter and dollar me to death! I wish I would have got a school bus and built one right myself, RENT one or bought different manuf. used one. Thor also makes many other brands.

UPDATE:Lippert (window factory) agreed to send window and replace. They have been great! Outstanding cust. serv.

Bless them! UPDATE: just got notified that thieves broke into service facility and stole my catalytic converter after waiting 6 weeks and counting for replacement parts. Now I'm possibly out $750 deduct.

on my Ins. The nightmare never ends!

User's recommendation: Don't buy any rv until they fix quality control in market. What the rv industry is doing should be illegal. Thor is the worst and own many other brand names.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thor Industries Rv.

Thor Industries Cons: Worst quality ever, Low quality workman ship, Quality control, Everything about thor, Construction and ability to use as expected.

Comments