Thor Industries - Thor Industries Vortex Toyhauler is a LEMON
Purchased this Thor Vortex 5th wheel Toyhauler brand new from Freedom RV Tucson Arizona in 2007.I have had no end of issues starting with sliding door never staying latched.
The mirrored doors never stay on the tracks. The dvd stereo player had to be replaced. My first set of tir blow-outs tore off the wheel well molding. The last set of blow-out tires hit the refrigerator gas line!
Thank god my 14 year old heard the hissing it could have blew us all up! (See picture) In 2012 we got carbon monoxide poisoning from the generator leaking under the bed. In 2015 the welds on the hitch neck all 4 sides were broken but 2 inches. It was literally holding by a bead.
We discovered it by a fluke as it was swaying all over side to side. If we would have taken it on the interstate it could have snapped and broke away from the tow vehicle right into traffic injuring someone else. Since then we discovered the whole frame is now bent and resting on the tires. The exterior body has hairline cracks and the exterior paint and decals are faded.
The manufacturing of Thor Vortex is terrible and we feel we have a lemon!It has basically almost killed us three times.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Storage capabilities
What I disliked
- Product quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2008 Thor Vortex
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..."
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "item arrived in a crushed box and was scratched in the process.I contacted them and sent pictures and was told "we will work it out". they made..."
- "Get this picture - A screw is supplied to mount the LCD TV to base - yet the screw insert plate - is held on with double stick tape!??Whatta lousy..."
- "The worst place to buy from "online". I ordered shoes, i did receive it. My second item wasnt sent for 11 days. I contacted cutomer serivce, they put me on..."
- "For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service. Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."