1.5K views
Featured Not resolved

Purchased this Thor Vortex 5th wheel Toyhauler brand new from Freedom RV Tucson Arizona in 2007.I have had no end of issues starting with sliding door never staying latched.

The mirrored doors never stay on the tracks. The dvd stereo player had to be replaced. My first set of tir blow-outs tore off the wheel well molding. The last set of blow-out tires hit the refrigerator gas line!

Thank god my 14 year old heard the hissing it could have blew us all up! (See picture) In 2012 we got carbon monoxide poisoning from the generator leaking under the bed. In 2015 the welds on the hitch neck all 4 sides were broken but 2 inches. It was literally holding by a bead.

We discovered it by a fluke as it was swaying all over side to side. If we would have taken it on the interstate it could have snapped and broke away from the tow vehicle right into traffic injuring someone else. Since then we discovered the whole frame is now bent and resting on the tires. The exterior body has hairline cracks and the exterior paint and decals are faded.

The manufacturing of Thor Vortex is terrible and we feel we have a lemon!It has basically almost killed us three times.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. RBro2015 is quite happy with storage capabilities and stated that there is a room for improvement of product quality. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of 2008 thor vortex and associated monetary loss in the amount of $55000. Thor Industries needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned 2008 thor vortex in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thor Industries.

Had an Experience with Thor Industries?

Comments