1.2K views
2.8

Update by user Dec 14, 2016

I asked customer service if he had ever googled "Thor Outlaw". He said "no". I said "the first thing that pops up is complaints about the control board for heater." He said "unfortunately the way it's manufactured, water can get in those things and ruin them" really?!?

Original review posted by user Dec 13, 2016

On 10/28/16 bought 2017 Thor Outlaw RE. It had a master bedroom and a back patio that we used as a way to get our dog in and out.

The control board for heater in the front part of the bus never worked. The roller shade over the window by the kitchen sink unrolled completely. Thor decided to wait til 12/23 to ship both parts, while we pay $77/night for a room. I asked customer support if he ever googled Thor.

ALL kinds of problems. He wasn't sympathetic until I said "we paid $15k down and $953/month for a home we don't live in!" And $1000 in vet bills.

Did I mention that our dog we bought the patio for died this weekend? Merry Christmas

Product or Service Mentioned: 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Thor Industries Pros: Layout of the rig, Size-storage, Color of rv, Rv lifestyle and the floorplan.

Thor Industries Cons: Extremely poor workmanship, I did not like thor quality or customer service.

Comments

thor has the worst customer service. we bought a new thor motorhome in sept 2016 spent one night in it.

had to take it to the shop in sept 2016 have been waiting for parts since that time and was told yesterday that we my or my get parts by the first of march 2017.

do not buy a thor product. we are going get lawyer if it takes much longer.

@Zayd Nbt

Thanks I’ll look for another brand

The only item repaired so far is heater, thank goodness since it has reached 17 degrees here. Did I mention the dining room table fell off into my lap ?!?

And another window shade fell off cheap plastic clips?! The tvs are a piece of *** I asked customer service (joke) why Thor put cheap tvs in a $200k motorhome?! To keep costs down.

We brought an 8 yr old tv from home and connected to park cable, works perfectly and has a great picture. Smh.

get out of it now..... you only have 12,000/12 months warranty and there is a 3 month wait even in thor elkhart factory of which we were locked in our super C 35' slide for 3 months only to return back to elkhart 1 month later for same issue ( 1400 mi each way).

we have had a broken rig 95% of the time.... goes back into the shop again tomorrow for another fix.

we toured the factory and there were >20 rigs sitting in the parking lot waiting for service 2014-**** get a lawyer and get rid of it now!!!!!

Thor Industries Reviews