Kay S Dqg

Verified Reviewer

To request an owners manual

Just need Owner Manual on our 2019 Thor Chateau Class C coach which we love. Did our first trip this past week and theres a lot of questions about the operation that I dont know.

My husband is terminally ill and I bought this so we could have quality time, however, I need information as what to do for example I dont know if I extend the slide out before I put the jacks down. Im 76 and this is the first time Ive been solely responsible to do this.

We are planning on going to Missouri June. Thank you.

TMC Team

Hello Temia, All manuals can be found on our website following these instructions - Go to our website www.thormotorcoach.com. Click on “Owners” tab, then on “Owner Resources.” There you can input your VIN # and find videos, manuals, and other useful info that applies specifically to your unit.

The information varies depending on the age and model. We also have videos on YouTube.

If you would like further assistance, please feel free to contact us during business hours: Phone: 877-855-2867 Email: warrantysupport@tmcrv.com Live Chat: www.thormotorcoach.com, click on the “owners” tab and a Live Chat Representative will pop up on your screen. Business hours are Mon-Thurs from 8 to 5 and on Fri from 8 to 4 (ET).

View more comments (1)
Kynzlee Ujm

| map-marker Seffner, Florida

Feedback concerning complaints about our RV

We bought our RV in November of 2018. We had discovered many issues with RV but were headed out west to visit our daughters for the winter.

I had written a review on here and wanted to at least let the viewers here know how we were taken care of. When we returned, we took our RV to the factory in Elkhart twice during 2018 and the technicians at the factory were excellent. There were actually 70 some issues, some major and many minor but should not have had to deal with these on a new purchase. We had more issues before the warranty was out and they did fix them.

I even put in for gas and toll fees and I was reimbursed for about 2/3 of the money which surprised me. We had an issue this past summer with the coach door delaminating. This should not have happened either. We talked to a rep from the factory and he said since it was out of warranty, they would not fix it.

I put a complaint on "Pissed Customer" not actually thinking it would really get any attention at Thor - but it did. A rep called us right away, and we took it to a service dept. in Ohio and this gentleman did a fantastic job and Thor paid for it. Just wanted people to know that it is better for major issues to take back to the factory if you are able.

Many dealerships do not know all the ins and outs of every RV and we were better serviced in Elkhart. Also, we were very pleased that they at least listened to the comments on this site. The company recently purchased Tiffen and it seems like the CEO of Tiffen prides himself on quality. I heard he was still going to be involved and hope his values are instilled into Thor.

Don't give up on your complaints. None of us should have to go through dealing with these issues especially on a new vehicle, but if they show they care and will do something about it, it does help. We were ready to put in for the lemon law but they responded.

Hopefully they will for you too! Sincerely, Nancy Moore

TMC Team

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience, Nancy. Welcome to the Thor Motor Coach family!

If there’s ever a time you have questions, please reach out to our Customer Support team at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs.

8-5 and Fri. 8-4) or email us at warrantysupport@tmcrv.com.

Continuing saga

Thor Industries - Continuing saga
Thor Industries - Continuing saga - Image 2
Thor Industries - Continuing saga - Image 3
Thor Industries - Continuing saga - Image 4
Thor Industries - Continuing saga - Image 5

We showed up at GENERAL RV in Ocala, Florida on 31 July 2020 where our motorhome had been since it was towed in on 25 June 2020 with electrical problems related to batteries going dead when hooked up to 110 source for an extended period of time. The technicians ran tests and initially thought it was the relay solenoid.

they said they even called THOR technicians to ask for a wiring diagram to trace the issues. According to the head service technician at General RV, the THOR technician told them they did not have a wiring diagram for our motorhome to help them to do more than the diagnostics they could with the limited knowledge they had. We picked up the motorhome since there was nothing further the technicians at General RV could accomplish without a wiring diagram. We then drove it home and packed for our trip that had been postponed a week already.

I hooked the RV up to our 110 volt supply at our home for the night to get the refrigerator cold. In the morning I disconnected the 110 volt, turned off the refrigerator, and turned on the propane to run the refrigerator. I purged the gas lines by lighting the stove. I then turned the refrigerator back on to AUTO mode and after less than a minute the gas ready light on the refrigerator started blinking.

I turned off the switch for several minutes and turned it back on in AUTO mode. The green and orange light were solid for less than a minute when the orange gas light indicator started blinking again. After attempting this procedure for about ten minutes I put the refrigerator switch in gas only mode and had no more issues with operation. Our first night 1 August 2020 was spent at a rest stop just outside Lafayette, Louisiana.

I turned on the generator for the air conditioning. The air conditioning did not seem to cool much differently in fan mode or AC mode. Tried turning unit on and off at thermostat and the last time I turned it off and set thermostat at 55 it started to cool. Very little came out of the vents over the bed area.

The hot water was turned on to take showers and do dishes. The vent fan in the bathroom was inoperable. I tried to switch it on and off several times no response. I then turned off the hot water for the evening as well as the air conditioning.

I did get up a couple times at night to start the generator and try to cool us down. Sunday morning 2 August 2020 we got up turned on the generator to make coffee and heat our breakfast in the microwave. The hot water was turned up to clean up and shave. All this time the refrigerator had been on using propane and functioning as long as the switch was left in the gas mode.

Sunday night we stayed at an RV park and hooked up to 30 amp 110 Volt. I turned the switch on the refrigerator to AUTO mode and also hooked up to an external water source. I switched the refrigerator to auto to run on 110V and left the propane on for the hot water heater. Monday morning 3 August 2020 I turned on the hot water so we could take showers, have breakfast, make coffee.

When we were ready to leave I disconnected from the 110V power source we used and turned off the hot water switch. I had to again turn the refrigerator switch back to gas mode. The refrigerator did the same as Saturday morning on AUTO mode once it shifted from 110V to gas available. The gas indicator kept flashing after less than a minute.

We then departed the RV site and stopped for fuel 30 miles down the road. I fueled up with the fuel spigot being just behind the access door to the hot water heater. Nothing was amiss. We then stopped at the next town to antique shop.

I came out of the antique store some minutes later and noticed the hot water access door was burnt. I unhooked the door and peered inside to find the insulation burnt off several wires. Interestingly I had a call from a THOR representative over all the issues we have been having. I tried calling him back and no answer.

I then phoned the service manager at the general RV dealership to as what to do. He immediately told me to turn off the propane, shot down the coach electrical switch and not operate anything in the coach until we could get the vehicle to the shop in Utah where we purchased it. We called Camping World where we purchased the RV new and moved up our drop off date to Thursday. Again I tried calling THOR.

I had to leave messages again. Tonight we are staying in a motel room at an exorbitant price due to having our dog with us and fearing to let him stay in the RV let alone us staying in there and not knowing what other electrical shorts there may be with all these issues.

Loss:

Preferred solution: a problem free unit. reibursement of time and money, trying to resolve these issues they claim are non existent

Richard M Hop

Captains chairs

Captains chairs finish is cracking an wearing off, 2018 Thor 31s with 6,000 miles these seats should be a factory recall very poor quality.

Preferred solution: repair finish of captains chairs

User's recommendation: poor quality for money spent

Joseph W Xuk

To warn potential victims

Bought a new Thor Motorcoach from Paul Sherry before they sold out to camping world. Worst experience ever.

Salesman got a bad attitude when I told them about warranty repairs needed done was more worried about his commission. Was lied to about the 3 yr warranty and got stuck with factory defects to have to fix out of my pocket. Detected or had approx. 40 defects within 14 months, many were present before purchase.

They refused to fix the obvious factory defective window or cabinets mounted around the electric bunk that were installed out of square. So ended up with a $80k new motorhome with 1,300 mi's I can't lock up because of window and bunk rubs and damages the fake wood when operated. Been in shop good portion of time waiting on parts and repair. Seems like the dealer and Thor doesn't care about quality and defects, they stick the buyer with excessive down time, waiting on parts, trips to repair and try to avoid repairing some obvious factory defects (said 3 yr warranty expired in 1yr).

They won't do what's morally correct, seems everything changes once they get your money. I would never buy a Thor or from Paul Sherry again! Check out all the bad THOR reviews and BBB. Check every little thing out even if it takes days and make sure they fix them before receiving rv and signing sales agreement with any seller.

The life long dream and great experience feeling took a humongous dive after they got my money, the excessive non stop issues make me sick to my stomach, this thing will most likely quarter and dollar me to death! I wish I would have got a school bus and built one right myself, RENT one or bought different manuf. used one. Thor also makes many other brands.

UPDATE:Lippert (window factory) agreed to send window and replace. They have been great! Outstanding cust. serv.

Bless them! UPDATE: just got notified that thieves broke into service facility and stole my catalytic converter after waiting 6 weeks and counting for replacement parts. Now I'm possibly out $750 deduct.

on my Ins. The nightmare never ends!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything about thor
  • Worst quality ever
  • Low quality workman ship

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy any rv until they fix quality control in market. What the rv industry is doing should be illegal. Thor is the worst and own many other brand names

Guest

I know just how you feel! Thor sold me a $128,000 lemon in 2018.

After $3,000 in out of pocket expenses, Thor has completely washed their hands of any liability or responsibility after shuffling me from one representative to another for two years.

This is the most despicable company I have ever had the misfortune of doing business with! Too bad we can’t make them do what’s right, huh?

map-marker San Jose, California

About my new Quantum

How in the world, you buy a new Thor less then one week driving from dealership to my home and the water heater not working, the trim around the door falling down , the curtains disconnected from windows, the floor linoleum tiles are cut and broken, the side of the cabinets on entry has cracks on the clear coat finish , unbelievable! Tried to contact them, the Waranty and they are in slow motion mood , I lost first voucher vacation due to the water heater issue now we ll go to second one with out water hear working, sorry, thats not what I signed for this trailer!

I ll look forward to be able to return this rv back to dealership and get my money back !

Nobody would buy a new car /truck / rv , knowing that has already 2 recalls, although I ask before I bought it ! Please contact me ASAP

TMC Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs 8-5 and Fri 8-4 ET). You can also email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com with the last 8 of your VIN, phone number, and email, and I will have one of our Customer Support team members contact you.

About my new Quantum

Dont I would like my tankless water heater to be fixed before this Friday 12 March before I would like to take my second attempt of new purchase voucher vacation,I think you guys can do that of course, you you want , if you call the right people you can do it , is all in your power Thank you Cornelius

User's recommendation: Don’t ask me now

TMC Team

Thank you for sharing your experience Cornelius. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs 8-5 and Fri 8-4 ET). You can also email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com with the last 8 of your VIN, phone number, and email, and I will have one of our Customer Support team members contact you.

Kimberlysue F

Poor Customer Service and Quality

Thor Industries - Poor Customer Service and Quality
The door on our brand new Ace has not lived since we bought the RV. Dealer indicated door was warped but Thor told them to adjust the door. I called Thor and tried to explain and was told the doors dont warp. Dealer adjusted and it still does not lock and we have a gap at bottom of door on one side!!! Today slide will not retract all the way in!!! Only has 6K miles I would just like issues fixed when so Métis not right. Will not by another Thor
Cons:
  • Poor customer service
  • Product quality

User's recommendation: Don’t by a Thor product

TMC Team

Thank you for sharing this experience. If you email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com with your VIN and a phone number where you can be reached, I can have one of our customer support specialists assigned to your file.

Cheryl S Ynm
map-marker Concord, Indiana

So many issues since we bought our motorhome in 2014!

Thor Industries - So many issues since we bought our motorhome in 2014!
Thor Industries - So many issues since we bought our motorhome in 2014! - Image 2
Thor Industries - So many issues since we bought our motorhome in 2014! - Image 3
Thor Industries - So many issues since we bought our motorhome in 2014! - Image 4
Thor Industries - So many issues since we bought our motorhome in 2014! - Image 5
Slide out broke, upper bed track is always an issue, exterior paint is cracking and all the pleather/leather on all seats are pealing and cracking! Ive contacted Thor and they said we have a 1 year warranty! They dont care that they put such crap in these motor home and dont stand behind their products! If I would of known about the so called leather being so cheap and would do this then I would of never purchased this RV now Im suppose to spend thousands of dollars redoing the captains chairs the couch and dinette after spending so much money for our rig? What a joke! Next step is to contact a lawyer and post pictures on social media because we shouldnt be responsible to re-do our furniture! Especially since they have known about this issue for years now and continue to install the same pleater/leather
Loss:
Pros:
  • Pretty motorhome
Cons:
  • Fail to accept responsibility of product
  • Extremely poor workmanship

Preferred solution: Fix my Upolstry

User's recommendation: Don’t buy a Thor motorhome!!!!

Guest

Same exact problem. Upholstery, of all things, is defective.

Thor ignores an obvious problem. Terrible customer service.

sean s Usk

Water damage

2015 26' South Wind and walls already rotting from water damage!!

Shoddy workmanship

My wife and I bought an THOR freedom elite class c 26 ft brand new in August 2018. before we even left the lot we had repair issue tickets submitted with the Camping World we bought it from. It had 1700 miles on it when we first purchased it and were told that was normal for a new coach. our list of repairs were from cosmetics, to no seal installed on the pop out, to electrical issues. We did have a good rapore with Thor and were guaranteed since we had electrical problems from day one that Thor would extend its one year warranty to cover the electrical issues and any component affected. Not So. For almost two years now our motor home has been in the shop a total of 6 months and it still has electrical issues. First the refrigerator quit working on one road trip. then the slide out had to be closed manually due to the motor. we were rained on when it stormed one night before the seal was installed on. the pop out. the chassis battery went dead several times. then the coach battery went dead. then on on trip to the repair facility we had electrical smoke in the coach. Finally the technicians found wires that were not installed correctly from the factory which was causing the majority of problems. We got the coach back and several weeks later the chassis battery was dead again. All in all we had over 50 items fixed repaired or replaced in the 20 months we have owned it. I made a courtesy call to Thor today 29 June 2020 and was told by the technician TS when I just was trying to relay information to avoid some other poor customer from having to go through what we did after paying $70000 for a new vehicle we thought we could enjoy.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Work with you initially
  • Work with you to an extent
Cons:
  • Failure to pass on recommendations to seniors re workmanship
  • Poor quality of materials
  • Quality of coach

Preferred solution: All of the above with the exception of full refund. I am actually scared to stay in couch due to electrical smoke and problems witnessed.

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY THOR

Rodricus Qic

I reviewing thor reviews before signing my loan papers.

TMC Team

Thank you for sharing this experience. If you contact us at tmcteam@tmcrv.com with your phone number, email, and the last 8 of your VIN, I can assign a Customer Support Specialist to your coach file.

reply icon Replying to comment of TMC Team

I emailed you as requested a month ago and received no response. My vehicle is still in the shop with the same electrical problems I have had for the almost two years I have owned this vehicle.

The last time I called THOR directly I was told the vehicle was out of warranty and TS on my problem that was diagnosed as your factories quality control to ensure the vehicle was assembled properly. It was found that one of the negative ground wires had been hooked up to the positive terminal at the factory which now has caused massive electrical problems throughout the vehicle. Your technician at THOR basically called all the service technicians incompetent whom I have had the vehicle in for repairs at different locations for not finding your error sooner. with the smell of burnt electrical wires we witnessed and the last lot person witnessed, the problem has now become major.

I went back through all the times and services that have been performed and found the total shop time in the 23 months we have owned this vehicle has been 6 months with over 70 issues. We have been planning to use our RV for a trip since MAY of this year and now have to postpone our scheduled departure of 27 July indefinitely since the shop supervisor where the RV is at now still cannot locate all the systemic problems from your lack of quality in the first place. I am not a vindictive person, however, I find your lack of moral obligations very disturbing and the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should be notified you are putting unsafe vehicles on the road.

Gary D. Ross MAJ, USAR Retired

Rodricus Qic
reply icon Replying to comment of Gary R Fmj

I reviewing thor reviews before signing my loan papers and these review are making me think it is better to lose my $1000 deposit and walk away.

reply icon Replying to comment of Rodricus Qic

Dear Rodricus, Had my wife and I been more diligent, we to may have forgone our purchase. You should if you decide not to purchase be able to get your deposit back unless the dealer has poor reviews as well.

You need to check the dealership out as well as the manufacturer. The state attorney general for your state is a good resource for assistance as well as the consumer protection advocacy for your state.

Gary D. Ross MAJ, USAR Retired

Thor Industries - High priced Motorhome junk - Image 2
Thor Industries - High priced Motorhome junk - Image 3
Thor Industries - High priced Motorhome junk - Image 4
Thor Industries - High priced Motorhome junk - Image 5
StWe have a 2016 Thor Tuscany XTE 40 AX. Out of warranty. The pleather furniture is all peeling &;;;;; checking. thats, sofa, entertainment, driver, passenger 2 yrs. we were told that was a bad year for the flexsteel and Villa and nothing can be done. The entertainment seats cables broke. Also the kitchen composite counter top sink is cracking across the top. The front air and rear heater dont work. So many things have gone wrong. Too many to list. Some we fixed on own. While it was under warranty it took a year to get other problems fixed. We are older and do not have grandkids
Pros:
  • Pretty motorhome
  • Lay-out of coach
Cons:
  • Everything about thor
  • Extremely poor workmanship
  • Sliding door to bedroom and bathroom poor workmanship

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Run stay away from Thor.

TMC Team

Hello! I would like to review your file and see if we can address your concern.

If you could send me the last 8 digits of your VIN, I can look over your file.

You can email me directly at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com or our Customer Service team can be reached today 8-5 (ET) @ 877-855-2867. Thanks, Thor Motor Coach Team

Arthur G Lmt

Finding chassis VIN to register 1999 Damon Intruder 351 Class A gas

bought this vehicle privately. Could not find a VIN anywhere on this vehicle. Have title in hand, with lots of past paper-work from state of Florida. After many phone tags through the Thor receptionist, I did talk to a Brian at Thor, who put me in contact with a Phil Kolopolous (sp?) at Ford chassis who did walk me through of where to find the VIN.

User's recommendation: Have patience. It takes time to get information from a business taken over by another.

Arthur G Lmt

| map-marker Lincoln, Nebraska

Finding the VIN on the chassis of a 1999 Damon Intruder 351 Class A.

After many phone tags to Thor Industries, being passed to an answering machine via the phone receptionist, I finally talked to a "Brian" at the Ford chassis division. He did put me in contact with a Phil Kolopolous? (spelling) at Ford Chassis division who then directed me how to find the chassis VIN. Patience, mostly due to covid19 problems paid off. Thank you both for helping.

User's recommendation: have patience. Help is there.

John Qvf
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Water pump making louder than usual noise

I asked for technical assistance and I have not heard anything yet but it was 30 minutes ago
Guest

go to your pumps manufacture's site. Chances are that you pump pressure needs to be adjusted. Simple job