Dean R Akk

Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Thor Industries - Poor Customer Service after purchase - Image 2
Thor Industries - Poor Customer Service after purchase - Image 3

Due to how Thor deals with their customers and warranty items, I am not interested in owning this RV any longer. Since delivery of the new 2023 $480,000.00 unit in April 2023, we have had numerous items that were caused by the manufacturers negligence or failure to review and check their installed products to make sure they were operational.

This January I finally got a few of those older items finished seven months after the parts were ordered from Thor in July.

Prior to my service visit for those old repairs on January 15, 2024, I had discovered some rooftop issues that are just a matter of time before there is a major failure, this roof has seems that are moving and are telegraphing through the TPO waterproofing showing that they are not secured to anything at all, there is another area on roof that is obvious that the TPO product has become loose and un- adhered to the substrate, this roof top problem was evaluated and requested for repairs by my Dealership who sells these and recommends the repair be done and Thor has denied.

Thors written warranty on page 11 of the Warranty Guide is written about the Structural and Lamination warranty regarding: Roof and Sidewall Issues. There are exclusions but none of those apply nor were we given a reason for the denial.

To date Ron Baker at Thor has disallowed the repair on Jan 19th with no comments on why it was denied or answers to our appeals, I have been told because it is not leaking it doesn't need to be repaired.

Pros:
  • Great layout and asethtics
Cons:
  • No cutomer service

Preferred solution: Roof Top repaired

User's recommendation: Caution

Robert For Justice 13

Once they get your money they could care less about your experience or the quality of the product. Good luck getting this resolved.

In the future make sure to read all reviews pertaining to the manufacturer and dealer. If they screw you they have probably screwed others...

map-marker Laveen, Arizona

Stove warranty

Stove less than 6mnths old broken . Thor warranty company will not support the warranty we paid for .

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY THOR PRODUCTS.

Thomas S Omt

Verified Reviewer

Thor is one of the companies that should be listed as TBW (Thor Buyer Beware). Once they have your money, you are on your own.

They do not stand behind their product and if they do, it is because of a lawyer standing behind them. I had to pay over three thousand dollars to replace the basements since their basement doors did not seal. The seat covers all started to tear up, and their excuse to not fix it was that I wore denim when I sat on them. I will say that they sent covers for the pilot and copilot seats last year.

However, I had to have them put on at a cost of fifteen hundred dollars, and they are starting to rip like the first ones did. I had to replace the theater seating for the same reason. Cost was over three thousand. Then the window behind the TV just blew out while on the road.

This coach has been a money pit from day one. Thor has no quality control, even though they tout it to be THE BEST. They wouldn't allow me to complain during one of the tours of the factory. Thor does have the reputation of building the best MONEY PITS known to man.

All I can say to anyone considering the purchase of a Thor product is to seriously consider another product, unless you have a lot of money to waste. My last piece of advice is the same as the first...BUYER BEWARE!!!

Pros:
  • Non

Preferred solution: JUST REPAIR PRODUCT AT THOR'S EXPENSE

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY A THOR PRODUCT

TRACIE H Dft

2022 Crossroads RV

Thor Industries - 2022 Crossroads RV
Updated by user Feb 07, 2024

No communication from them whatsoever!

Original review Jan 26, 2024
After only one year of ownership of our RV, the frig went crazy. The frig part turned freezer and freezer turned frig. Unable to take back to location of purchase for repair at the time, I had to call a mobile repair service. They got a new frig ref unable to repair old one but they have to remove the whole island in order to remove old frig and install new one. This is a design FLAW! Nothing will ever be the same in the young RV. I would like to know your thoughts on your product. Thank You

Preferred solution: personal

Thomas S Mlo

Verified Reviewer

Extremely dis-satisfied with Thor..

Updated by user Apr 14, 2024

What customer service. If they have any, I have yet to see it

Original review Apr 09, 2024
All of my interior furniture is tearing up because of the poor materials that you used. You agreed to replace the drivers and co-pilot covers but I had to pay for the installation.

You also asked me to wait until the end of the year as you were getting the new sets in I did but you still sent the same crap that was originally installed. The co-pilots seat is already tearing up again. I have already cost you two sales of a Thor coach so far and I plan to keep giving you bad reviews. I want you to replace it this time with quality material at your company.

We have already replaced the theater seating and part of the dining cushions so it isn't that much to be done. It is a shame that your customers have to resort to lawsuits to get Thor to do what is right. I know several buyers that have done that because they told me what they had to do even though they had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

The only way I would have another Thor product is if they gave it to me. Even then I would have to think about it because of their poor construction
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor construction and no quality control

Preferred solution: furniture fixed or replaced

User's recommendation: think very carefully before you buy

Dawn B Xih

Complaints

Want to charge me for assistance with a pile of *** This company is a rip off. Nononononononononono
Loss:
Pros:
  • Crap
Cons:
  • Crap

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away

map-marker Sarasota, Florida

Water issue

I have 2021 thor challenger and I was having issues with the valves onthe water service panel. They were extremely tight . I therefore ordered a new service panel for $300. After installation I only have cold water! Unable to get hot water. I called a tech ay 1130 am and she promised to return my call as soon as she reviewed the schmatics It is now 4 :15 and no return call!! Really? Not even a call to say she is stumped! We have changed everything possible and still no hot water!
Daniel F Wbb

Looking for dealer that displays the range top near Roseville CA

Looking for dealer near me that has product displayed. I live in Roseville California 95747. I want to look before buying.

Preferred solution: Location of dealer

map-marker West Sacramento, California

Warrantyive been trying to get warranty work done on my 2022 Mercedes 2500 4x4 sprinter van for 2 years I've been trying to get work done

1st of all let's talk about the appointment I got after trying for 2 years to get an appointment I went to Sonny's rv in Wyoming and they got approved so I'm I California spent 150.00 to log all the things wrong and after calling Thor for an appointment at Blue Coral rv I had all the paperwork and was told things were repaired no it wasn't Thor has made it hard .So after 4 weeks they guy didn't know anything and the person didn't tell him and let the job So no sink was ordered no side screens ordered no fixing the walls that are not connected
TMC Team

Hello Guest-559****. Thank you for reaching out!

If you could please PM me with the last 8 of your VIN and contact information, I will pass this information along to one of our Customer Support Team members. You can also call our team at 877-855-**** or email me directly at TMCTeam@***.com. Our hours are Mon.-Thurs.

8-5 and Fri. 8-4 (ET).

map-marker West Sacramento, California

2015 windsport

Layout it perfect after saying that there are no words to describe the *** fabric you used we did buy it use but they only used it couple of times and traded it off and lucky use we bought it and we have only used it 3 times I would tell anyone who ask to run hard and fast from you product we asked for help with this but you said tuff now that's some really good customer service front seats peel dining seats peel dogs peel we don't use this for sleeping so that not the issue any ideas would be helpful but I won't hold my breath and we're not the only ones

User's recommendation: RUN HARD AND FAST !!!!

Resolved
David A Myn

Resolved: Update of previous complaints

Updated by user May 14, 2023

Company resolved the issue.

Original review Apr 14, 2023
Although my previous complaint with the overall quality and workmanship of my 2022 Thor Challenger 35MQ has not changed and my recommendation for a Thor product remains to steer clear of this company, my recent experience with Thor customer service gave we a better feeling about the company as a whole. We sent our unit to their repair center at the factory in Wakarusa, Indiana for the 2nd time in less than 2 years.

My contact at Thor was Terry Baughman who listened to my issues and through his service technician Chris, seems to made all the repairs I requested. In addition to these, they found that due to my personal failings in properly winterizing my unit, both the tankless water heater and onboard water pump were damaged.

At no cost to me, Terry was able to get both of these items repaired at no cost to me which is something they did not have to do and I am greatly appreciative of.
From my experience, Thor still has issues with quality and design which leads to poor reliability, but kudos to Terry and Chris for doing all they could to satisfy our needs and restore a bit confidence that my next venture out will not leave me stranded. Thanx again to Terry and Chris
Loss:
Pros:
  • Great layout
Cons:
  • Poor quality

Preferred solution: Unit repaired

User's recommendation: Make sure you look at everything before you make your purchase. This goes for ALL RV manufacturers

TMC Team

Hello David, thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear of your experience with our Service Team!

If there’s ever a time you have questions, please reach out to our Customer Support Team at 877-855-**** (Mon-Thurs.

8-5 and Fri. 8-4 ET) or email us at warrantysupport@***.com.

Michael S Orr

| map-marker Moravia, New York

Good news

I recently wrote to Pissed Consumer regarding my inability to locate new battery hold down straps for my THOR motor home. I am very pleased to let you know that THOR reached out to me and in fact sent me new hold down straps at absolutely no charge to me. Thanks to THOR and Pissed Consumer for solving my issue. Mike Stewart Moravia, NY
TMC Team

Hello, Michael Stewart! I was happy to see that our Customer Support team was able to provide your request for Battery straps If we can ever be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

David A Myn

Very poor customer service

Updated by user Feb 25, 2023

as of 2/13, our unit was picked up by Thor and returned to the factory for a floor replacement. While there, they have agreed to look at a few more issues We are not considering any of our issues resolved at this time We are waiting to see what our final outcome will...

Original review Jan 25, 2023
My 2022 Thor Challenger 35MQ has had over 25 issues needing repair of which between Thor and Camping World about 8 were resolved. Major issues like floor vinyl buckling, electrical outlets not working, slide out failures, leaking plumbing and a laundry list of other items.

This motorhome was returned to the factory after we had it for 6 months with over 20 items to be repaired. When we got it back after 3 months, they had repaired 5 or 6 items. The unit is back at Camping World for the repairs that have yet to get completed and Thor said they are not going to make the repairs. So, at this time I am waiting to see if Thor will reconsider since I have sent all the emails and documents for proof that the items I want repaired now are the same as those I wanted within the 1st 6 months of my warranty period.
I will never again make any type of purchase from Camping World or any product built by Thor.

I feel completely ripped off by both of the companies. All they had to do was make the repairs on those item they got wrong when it was built.
Pros:
  • Wide range of rv models
  • Types
  • And price ranges
Cons:
  • Extremely poor workmanship and even worse customer service

Preferred solution: I would like to get my unit repaired under warranty, all of it.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Thor and Camping World

TMC Team

Thank you for sharing this David. I have passed this information along to our Customer Support Team.

Peter D Oyv
map-marker New York, New York

Trying to get technical assistance from KZ

I have had a terrible experience with a KZ Connect RV. I tried calling the dealer where I bought it. They couldn't help me solve the problem. I called KZ and got a really rude and unprofessional experience with their customer service unprofessional8nonenone

User's recommendation: I would not recommend KZ to anyone. In fact I am considering trading in my RV

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Travel During a Pandemic: Pros and Cons

Apr 30, 2021

Fox & Miles - full-time RV travelers talk about their experience of living in RV, share advice on how to choose the RV, plan the camping trip, give tips on how to shop while Rving and avoid common problems.

Read full article
Fox & Miles
Fox & Miles

Fox & Miles - RV experts and travelers who explore the US, chasing their dreams, and pursuing financial freedom.

Gary B Uqt

| map-marker Asheville, North Carolina

Thor RV’s are of the poorest quality, They are safety hazzards

My wife and I purchased a 2019 Thor Outlaw,

from North Trail RV Center in Fort MyersFl., on September 25, 2020.

We found out that our Thor Outlaw was manufactured in April of 2018 not in 2019, as

Thor and NTRV claimed. My research revealed that Thor and NTRV violated FTC

CFRs regarding assigning year of manufacture.

NTRV also violated FTC CFRs

regarding used RV sales. They did not affix a Buyers Guide and And Warranty information

on our RV. Thor and North Trail RV Center has falsified maintenance and Federal State

of Florida Documents. They fraudulently

misrepresented the Thor Outlaw that we purchased.

When we started our Cross Country trip in October 2020, we were inundated with serious Electrical, Plumbing, Toxic VOCs from resins

dumped in our heating system, Electrical Inverter Fire, Faulty air conditioning wiring, we had a show dog die from lack of air conditioning, due to faulty wiring by Thor.

My wife burned her foot while standing on a front floor vent.

The vents temperatures were,

192 F, 185 F by Sink and Bedroom Vent 165 F

When we did our Pre Delivery Inspection at the dealership, NTRV Center, we were not shown our Roof. When we arrived in NC I was able to look at the roof. The roof had been improperly repaired after the previous owner

did not fill all the holes he drilled in the roof to install all of his navigational, solar cells, communication systems and entertainment systems. The RV dealer, NTRV Center never

informed us of the problem with our RVs Roof.

We went and had an inspection of our roof that the dealer told us was in Pristine

condition. The required repair of the roof would cost approximately $15,000 to repair.

We never got an estimate for all the water and electrical damage caused by the leaking roof.

The dealer NTRV Center fraudulently misrepresented the condition of the RV they sold us in violation of FTC CFRs.

I have hundreds of pictures to verify what I am claiming. My pictures are the smoking gun!

How can I get these damning pictures to your legal department?

I am a Vietnam Veteran suffering from Agent Orange exposure. I have; Type II Diabetes, Skin Cancers, Neuropathy, Heart, Chronic Kidney Disease, and other, to be determined associated Agent Orange Diseases.

My wife has Type I Diabetes, two Heart Stents, and

Vision Loss.

Our monthly drug bills cost in excess of $3,500 per month our constitution pays.

We are stuck with an Thor RV that we cannot afford to fix and pay for.

Thor Industries and North Trail RV Center are;

devoid of, Honesty, Integrity, Morality, and Empathy.

When I first visited NTRV Center, the sales staff thanked me for my Vietnam Service and

looked forward to help us find the right RV for us. Thor and North Trail RV Center, showed how much they cared for a Vietnam Veteran, and a 74 and 75 year old retired couple.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Quality of product
  • Extremely poor workmanship
  • Product quality

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Thor and North Trail RV Center, Avoid these Criminals

TMC Team

Hello, Gary. If you could email us at tmcteam @ tmcrv. com (without the spaces), we can forward your review to the appropriate personnel to be reviewed.

TMC Team

Hello, Gary. If you could email us at tmcteam@***.com with the last 8 of your VIN, we can send your review to the appropriate personnel to be reviewed.

reply icon Replying to comment of TMC Team

Just to clarify - our email ends in " tmcrv. com" (without the space). I apologize that this did not display correctly in our original comment.

View more comments (2)
Shearon Tvt

| map-marker Bow, New Hampshire

Thank You Thor!!!

Thank You, Thor, for posting all your Brands together on your main site. This way I can AVOID THEM ALL!!! (Save maybe Airstream.) After reading MANY reviews and articles, I would not trust ANY product you produce. Articles like Heartless Heartland. RVs shows what kind of Company you REALLY are! The ONLY way you made the 2022 Newsweek list of "Trusted Companies" is if you paid to be placed on it. Everyone knows Newsweek is no longer a trusted source of information, which is even more obvious when they show you on a list of "Trusted Companies".
Pros:
  • Aggressive sales
Cons:
  • Service and support
  • Quality of products
  • Warranty fulfillment

User's recommendation: Avoid their Products!

Alan P Xhi

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Mesquite, Texas

Because they companies you own, *** everyone over, and you have to allow this b/c EVERYTHING starts from the top in a business.

Bought a brand new 2021 Bighorn 5th wheel from one of your approved dealerships in Mesquite Texas, this was ExploreUSA, there was issues with it right off, they took pics and I took pics. They said they would get it fixed ASAP, filed a claim on 1-12-2021 was approved on 1-13-2021, to this day nothing has been fixed.

Now come to find out the manufacturer never sealed the bedroom slide out, so it has been leaking for a year and did not know this when I bought it. Im sure ExploreUSA covered it up, so they sent a technician and there service manager out to look at the RV, the service manager said it was Heartlands fault B/C they did not seal the slide out. So the RV has been saturated with water in the bedroom every time it rains and there is now a great amount of MOLD and MUSHROOMS in the bedroom and bathroom. I bought a brand new RV and thats what I want a brand new RV, I dont want an RV that you have to tear apart and redo everything and then put it back together.

Thats not what I paid for. I want Heartland to buy the unit back or replace it with a new one.

They have a brand new 2021 just like mine on the lot of ExploreUSA, this is where I purchased mine. They said they had no problem switching it out if Heartland gave them the ok.

Pros:
  • Rv lifestyle and the floorplan
Cons:
  • Some of the construction of the cupboards
  • Product quality
  • Warranty service is slow at best

Preferred solution: For Heartland to buy this unit back, or replace it with a brand new one of the same model

User's recommendation: I would never recommend anyone to your companies or your product’s

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article