601 E Beardsley Ave, Elkhart, IN 46514, USA
1K views 0 comments
Featured Not resolved

I bought a new 2017 Keystone Montana High Country in Oct 2016.I traded a 2005 Montana 5th wheel, which was a good camper, well made and a very comfortable camper.

But, my wife, 3 pets and I were going to be living in it for a while, so I decided to buy a bigger one to better accommodate us. Since I had had good luck with the first Montana, I did not even consider looking at other brands. I bought a new one at Camping World. 4-5 weeks later, there was a storm, and I had a big leak in the middle of the night.

We had to out out 3 pots to catch water. The floor, a sleeper sofa and the carpet underneath the sofa got soaked. We do not know how long this camper sat on Camping Worlds lot before we bought it, or how long it sat at Keystone, or how many times it may have gotten wet during storms, so we do not know what condition the ceiling or insulation might be in underneath. There was a lot of water that night.

The water came out of the AC vent and apparently the light fixture, because the light cover was full of water . This is not the only issue we have had. 2 of the window shades stopped working within 2 weeks of buying the camper, the trim in the bedroom is obviously not made of real wood like the older Montanas. The trim is covered in wood like adhesive backed paper.

The paper was not put on properly, not sure if it was cut too short or just not put on good or what, but it is loose, sticking up and what is stuck on, has bubbles all underneath. I'm sure in a year, it will all be off. The refrigerator freezer does not get cold enough. It takes 2 days to freeze a tray of ice and food never freezes hard, the black tank and gray tanks are mislabeled outside.

I thought I was draining the black tank first and flushing with the gray tank, but I was actually flushing with the black water tank. Nice. The bunks have no ladder to get up on them. The only way to get up is to climb on the cabinet with the tv on one side, and on top of the recliners on the other side.

You would think a ladder cost a thousand bucks the way keystone and camping world act. The living room cabinet has hookups for a washer and dryer, however, there is no way to put a washer/dryer in this cabinet unless you want to permanently remove the cabinet doors, because whoever designed this camper, did not take the slide out trim into consideration. The doors do not open all the way. There is also a kitchen cupboard cabinet door the same way.

Camping World acted like there was a possibility for this to be fixed when we bought the camper. As I said, we bought the camper in Oct, had the leak in late November, we went home for the month of December, so, we pulled the camper to Camping world on Dec 6th and they had it until Jan 2nd. They assured us it would be fixed when we got back. The only thing touched on this camper when we got back, they had cleaned debris out of some kind of pan in the duct, nothing else was touched.

We asked Keystone and Camping World if they could send someone here to fix it since we are living in it. We are 8 miles from Camping World. The answer was NO. They want us to pull it back in.

Keystone informed us they were putting a note in the file stating that we would not comply and that we would be liable for whatever happens. What kind of company does their loyal customers like this. We bought from them in good faith, that they would be there to help us should we have a problem with their product. Such a shame to treat people like that.

I stood by Keystone, always recommending them to friends. No more. I'm warning you all, you need to stay away from them. There are a lot of other nice campers out there, and I am sure there are some decent service departments out there somewhere, but, do your homework first.

Look up the companies and read the reviews. I sure wish I had, because there are lots of disgruntled people that have bought from Keystone.

I will not recommend keystone (Thor) to anyone.I will do my best to steer them in the right direction......far from keystone (Thor)

Review about: Keystone Montana High Country.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Product quality.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Thor Industries?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion