50 views
Verified Reviewer

3.0

We bought our RV in November of 2018. We had discovered many issues with RV but were headed out west to visit our daughters for the winter.

I had written a review on here and wanted to at least let the viewers here know how we were taken care of. When we returned, we took our RV to the factory in Elkhart twice during 2018 and the technicians at the factory were excellent. There were actually 70 some issues, some major and many minor but should not have had to deal with these on a new purchase. We had more issues before the warranty was out and they did fix them.

I even put in for gas and toll fees and I was reimbursed for about 2/3 of the money which surprised me. We had an issue this past summer with the coach door delaminating. This should not have happened either. We talked to a rep from the factory and he said since it was out of warranty, they would not fix it.

I put a complaint on "Pissed Customer" not actually thinking it would really get any attention at Thor - but it did. A rep called us right away, and we took it to a service dept. in Ohio and this gentleman did a fantastic job and Thor paid for it. Just wanted people to know that it is better for major issues to take back to the factory if you are able.

Many dealerships do not know all the ins and outs of every RV and we were better serviced in Elkhart. Also, we were very pleased that they at least listened to the comments on this site. The company recently purchased Tiffen and it seems like the CEO of Tiffen prides himself on quality. I heard he was still going to be involved and hope his values are instilled into Thor.

Don't give up on your complaints. None of us should have to go through dealing with these issues especially on a new vehicle, but if they show they care and will do something about it, it does help. We were ready to put in for the lemon law but they responded.

Hopefully they will for you too! Sincerely, Nancy Moore

Location: Seffner, Florida

Comments

#1990725

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience, Nancy. Welcome to the Thor Motor Coach family!

If there’s ever a time you have questions, please reach out to our Customer Support team at 877-855-**** (Mon-Thurs.

8-5 and Fri. 8-4) or email us at warrantysupport@***.com.

Thor Industries Reviews