2.5

To say I'm disappointed would be a mild understatement. Recently, while on a trip in our 2016 Thor Palazzo, my wife chose to operate our factory installed Axxera brand, model AVM10BH DVD Multimedia Receiver which includes CD, Bluetooth, AM/FM and camera, housed in a 10.1" screen mounted in the dash.

The unit has only been used a few times since we purchased the coach new and to our surprise, the motorized front panel which opens in order to play a CD, would not operate. After multiple calls to Axxera, I was finally able to reach tech support. They instructed me to reset the unit, which I did without success. Repeated calls and emails to customer support for a repair facility went unanswered.

Finally, after contacting the parent company Dual Electronics, I was contacted by an Axxera rep, who informed me there were no repair facilities and that the warranty had expired. Their solution was to remove the unit, throw it away and replace with their new model (the AVM10BH has been discontinued). Their new model has a 6" screen, which might or might not fit and has a much smaller viewing area for backing and turning the coach in camera mode. This represented the worst customer service I have ever experienced and the Axxera is obviously a piece of junk.

In my situation, the least they could have done is offered a replacement for what should have provided many trouble-free years of service. I will continue to use the remaining functions until the unit gives out and then replace with another brand of electronics...

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments