Esther H Wvc

Grievences

Thor Industries - Grievences
Updated by user Sep 11, 2022

Thor sent another Exxera radio. They mailed it to our home even after we asked them not to. We want a different radio because the other two Exxera radios they have installed in the RV have only worked once or twice.One customer service told us to contact the parts...

Original review Sep 11, 2022
2022 Coleman Class C bad radio, bad generator and USB cable caught on fire Customer Service is just waiting time getting anything done. We have spoken with two different customer service reps but they have not solved any issues.

It's obvious they are letting time pass so we can run out of the original warranty.
The radio has been changed twice and both radios have not worked.
The genertor has left us stranded in 100 degree weather, twice and when we take it to service the tech can't find anything wrong with so, so the warranty has not covered the $500 we have spent trying to find out what's wrong with it.
The USB connector caught on fire while charging my phone, it could had been a catastrophe, but we were able to stop it before it got out of hand. No one has been able to tell us why caused it to catch on fire.
Pros:
  • Design of the clas c coleman
Cons:
  • Cheaply made
  • Customer service
  • Quality control

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not buy any product from this company. Pay the little extra to buy from a reputable company. Do not let them bully you into accepting defeat. Keep persuing justifyable service.

William S Cld

| map-marker Zephyrhills, Florida

Unacceptable services

Bed motor failed on new magnatude coach ,,trip ruined unable to use king bed on 2week trip ,general rv tampa says it will be mid August to get new motor this customer service is completely unacceptable, i need this usable by the 29 July to travel ,the cab over bed is used by a male person traveling with me ,i am unable to use the ksize bed in my new motorhome

TMC Team

Hello William, Thank you for sharing your experience. I have assigned a Customer Support Team member to your file and someone will be contacting you. Thank you!

| map-marker Bullhead City, Arizona

THOR's endangerment of our lives and not willing to fix problems. Apparently they are immune to legal punishment

This is an ongoing SAGA with our 2018 THOR FREEDOM ELITE we bought new in August 2018. It is still in the shop with electrical issues, where it has been for the past "YEAR".

It took almost a year before our electrical issues were discovered and now even with the "PATCHES" put on the problems the "POOR" quality control which was THOR's fault from the beginning hooking up a negative ground coach battery cable to the positive terminal continues to affect all the electrical circuits in the coach and now has gone into the chassis electrical as well when the battery isolator switch failed "THREE" times.

The only legal repercussion is to file in INDIANA where THOR is based out of. THOR is immune to "LEMON LAWS".

Loss:
Pros:
  • Only work with you when it suits them
Cons:
  • Thor treats their customers as if we were just fodder
  • Explosions due to faulty electrical wiring common
  • Immune to laws no lemon law on their product

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not buy a THOR product. Do Not buy an RV in a consumer unfriendly state (i.E. UTAH). Do not buy from Camping World.

map-marker Zephyrhills, Florida

Right now Thor is working to satisfy my complaints , they responded very quickly and were very sensitive to my needs.

User's recommendation: This is my second coach purchased from Thor ,I would recommend them as they do build a great motorhome.

| map-marker Bullhead City, Arizona

Response to pissed consumer e-mail

The reason for my follow-up message is due to the fact I have taken all the prescribed steps you have suggested to no avail. I have reached out to THOR industries as have the customer service at general RV in Ocala, Florida where the motorhome is at currently.

This message was intended to let customers know they have "NO" recourse with THOR except to sue in the state of INDIANA. I have reached out to the ATTORNEY Generals of both the state of UTAH where the vehicle was purchased along with FLORIDA. Neither can help. I have reached out to numerous ATTORNEY's and accumulated numerous fees in the thousands of dollars to tell me my only option is to sue in INDIANA.

I have contacted THOR help team. I was basically told "TS" by one of them that the coach was out of warranty and good luck.

I have had field technicians from THOR saying they cannot fix the problem without basically rewiring the whole coach due to a "PARASITIC" electrical draw due to the battery cable hook-up that occurred at the factory. My hope and prayer is that a class action lawsuit federally will invite the Federal and State Government's to instill more stringent requirements of protection for consumers of the Recreation Vehicle industry.

Cons:
  • No schematics provided to repair facilities consumers
  • No wiring diagrams provided to repair facilities
  • Construction slapped together with parts laying around

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY A THOR RV OR PURCHASE IN A STATE CONSUMER UNFRIENDLY

Featured
Don F Pul

Total loss of Tiffin Breeze from fire

Thor Industries - Total loss of Tiffin Breeze from fire
Thor Industries - Total loss of Tiffin Breeze from fire - Image 2
Thor Industries - Total loss of Tiffin Breeze from fire - Image 3
Our 2021 Tiffin Breeze 31BR caught fire sitting in a garage on 9/13/21. RV was declared a total loss as well as the garage, fortunately nobody was in or near it when it was destroyed. Two fire investigators agreed the fire started in the basement compartment behind the passengers seat where numerous controllers are located such as; inverter, solar panel, awning, etc. Very disappointed that Tiffin would not inspect the coach to determine root cause. Coach only had 3400 miles on it.
Pros:
  • Loved the ride and comfort of the tiffin breeze
Cons:
  • Poor customer response

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Beware of Tiffin now that Thor owns it.

Featured
Brandon K Ofv

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

On going issues with brand new Miramar 35.2

Upon driving off the lot in March after purchasing a 2021 Miramar 35.2 the cabin a/c was blowing hot air. Dealer initially advised it was a Ford problem, Ford advised it was Thor.

Dealer finally agreed it was their resp but could not isolate the issue, Owner resolved by switching the 2 water lines that originated from the engine which Ford suggested. Engine hood kept popping open during driving, owner resolved by replacing the struts which were competing with the strength of the hood latch. The resolve was installing less forceful struts. Rear ceiling a/c compressor would not turn on, owner resolved by finding compressor and ground wires were incorrectly switched.

Full length slide seized while camping. Dealer is still repairing. Slide has not been functioning since June. Stereo controls on steering wheel inop prior to purchase.

Issue has not been resolved. 12 volt wires to televator were connected by electrical tape causing a loose connection, owner resolved by crimping. Objectively, we love the Miramar's open floor plan. Also love the quiet drive of the Miramar's new Ford V8 and the highway handling.

Did not have to upgrade the suspension or steering.

Previously owned '05 Monaco and although the quality of the coach was superb, the drive was horrible and noisy without aftermarket upgrades. Want to love my new Miramar coach but am having a frustrating time with conducting my own Quality control for Thor...

Loss:
Pros:
  • Customer service
Cons:
  • Quality control

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Any RV is not without its issues which is why you must do your homework on the reputation and reliability of the dealer that you choose to purchase your coach from.

TMC Team

Hi Brandon! Thank you for sharing this.

I have assigned a Customer Support Team member to your file. If you have not been contacted within 2 business days, please email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com and I will follow up.

Brandon K Ofv
reply icon Replying to comment of TMC Team

Thor has reached out to me and has been very helpful in following up to ensure repairs are completed to my satisfaction.

View more comments (1)

PUT TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN CHINA

Thor Industries - PUT TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN CHINA
Thor Industries - PUT TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN CHINA - Image 2
Thor Industries - PUT TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN CHINA - Image 3
Thor Industries - PUT TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN CHINA - Image 4
Thor Industries - PUT TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN CHINA - Image 5
Thor Industries - PUT TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS BUILT IN CHINA - Image 6

2021 Keystone Avalanche 390DS (By Thor Industries)..

This 5th wheel is 7 months old and has literally everything falling off or apart. The control panel for starters was almost falling off the wall. Dealers won't work on it and the ones that can are busy with the 10,000 RV's put together *** in the last year!!

Every time we have to move this trailer, trim falls off from some where or something comes loose.

We had a leak of grey water, luckily my husband is very mechanically inclined and fixed it.

Didn't come with "certain" options but is considered top of the line.

The heater vents in the second bedroom/bathroom don't work (called Keystone with a list) no help!!

$85,000 RV and 6 months in... one of the super slides doesn't want work. Pushed the button and brought it in crooked which pulled the weather stripping off the window on the side.

I get supply and demand, but QUALITY SHOULD ALWAYS BE OVER QUANTITY!!

User's recommendation: Don't leave a dealer without checking every little thing as much as you can!!

| map-marker Williston, Florida

Continuing SAGA of electrical issues unresolved

Year three and since our last post for August of 2020 we have yet to make another vacation trip except to repair shops. Dead batteries again, battery isolator non operational again. Refrigerator not working in auto mode. Heating and air conditioning not working properly. Our motorhome has now been in the shop again since May of 2021 with ongoing. isselectrical
Brooke W

Verified Reviewer

KZ Leaks from Manufacturer not putting sealant correctly around back window

Thor Industries - KZ Leaks from Manufacturer not putting sealant correctly around back window

April 4, 2019: Bought and took home brand new KZ Connect Lite C231RL from Scenic Roads RV Dealership (Manchester, TN 37355) with two year warranty.

By at least June, started storing camper under Carport.

August 20, 2019: When to Scenic Roads RV for floor in front cargo compartment (passenger side) being wet. They replaced some of the boards in floor of compartment, had factory rep put vinyl floor in.

They said they found the leak with water testing, and repaired it.

While there they re-secured the inside ceiling where the smoke detector is and the bedroom curtain, because of sagging.

May 2020: to Scenic Roads RV Dealer for Skylight inside plastic broken loose. Delaminate on outside Drivers side. Daylight could be seen through hole under kitchen sink. Back window leak.

Front Plastic trim loose and sliding down. Asked them to reseal everything. Picked up on May 28th; were told everything done except still waiting on Skylight and Delaminate to be repaired later.

Late October 2020: Took Camper to Scenic Roads RV dealer for back window leak and back wall seemed rotten. Leak by back corner cabinet causing damage to bottom of cabinet.

Leak at back of slide on carpet. Floor in Bedroom rotting (passenger side). Leak over bed across the top by shelf and closets. Leak under bathroom sink.

Skylight that still needed repaired. Delaminate on Driver side worse.

Stayed at Dealer for about a month with nothing repaired and thought ALL the claims were submitted. Told they would work on it in January.

Stop at dealer that now had new owners on Jan. 9, 2021, to ask about getting Camper in for repairs.

Told they would work on it. Called on Jan 12th to remind them and told they were working on it. Called regularly for next 2 months. Called on January 21 and 26.

February 3, 4, 10. On Feb. 10 finally told they were not KZ dealer yet and not sure when they would be and that the previous owners did not leave any records with new owners.

Started talking with KZ Manufactures Representative on Feb. 4th, about Scenic Roads dealership not working with us.

Told to take to another dealer.

We made appointment with different New Dealer for March 9th.

Claim was submitted by new Dealer on March 11, 2021, and Denied by KZ within 4 minutes.

I spoke with warranty person at KZ on March 16, 2021, for 40 minutes trying to understand the denial, explain the Dealership issues including that they resealed the camper, explain the storage of camper under a carport, and ask for some grace. Told if Trailer had been maintained the leaks would not have happened.

The new Dealer sent the pics of issues. An over 3 inch section of Seal UNDER the back window frame was never there. Seal on outside of frame is intact.

New Dealer then submitted a Corrected-Updated work order March 18, 2021 to KZ.

KZ requested extra information about the hot water heater and delaminate, but not the window/back wall, or the front compartment.

March 19, 2021: My husband called KZ, and ask to speak to someone in charge in Warranty Department. After all issues and pictures sent to this person, he said we should have contacted KZ directly sooner.

Also said, we could bring the camper, at our own expense, the over 500 miles to them to evaluate. Then at a "reduced" shop rate they would repair it.

KZ left the sealant off the back window, but we have to pay for it to be fix while it is still under warranty?

Loss:
Pros:
  • 2 year warranty
Cons:
  • Do not honer warranty

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do you homework about KZ Campers.

map-marker Grinnell, Iowa

My back up camera don’t work

We bought a 2016 Thor freedom elite class c motor home. The back up camera has never worked. Can we please have one sent to Rita Jones 227 east mission st strawberry point Iowa 52076. Thank you
map-marker Oberlin, Ohio

Have had thor 23H for 1 yr now

3rd RV, this 23H is my first class A. This coach chassis is the 2018 FORD E450 with V10 which I love.

Only chassis issue I've had in 10K miles is a belt or idler pulley makes random annoying squelches under load. 10mpg sucks but oh well. As for THORS side of the build and design, Cheapest materials and labor they can possible source installed mostly by minimum wage idiots with zero pride, meanwhile THOR rakes in large profits. The 23H has a Great floor plan but they could do better with organization and how they install auxiliary components.

Example, under the dinette seat is the transfer switch, panels, water pump, wiring mess, etc. Its a nice size space but 100% clutter and stuff just cramped in with zero logic. Had water leak at the pre pump filter and could not even get to it because it was pinched between dinette booth wall and the power tie box. I totally gutted that area (and many others) and redid it properly.

I had so much room left over I installed FOUR 105AH AMG batteries, solar MPPT, Inverter and inverter xfer switch. As many others said, there was also 5 pounds of sawdust, scrap materials, and screws just in this spot alone!. BOOO THOR. Under the bed is a hollow wall separating inner coach from under bed storage.

Another 10 lb bag of trash and dust in ther too. Driving down the road with the windows down just to stop and find Saw dust everywhere? Well, that's why. Its under every cabinet, panel, etc waiting for you.

How in the world can a company shoot themselves in the foot with things that are super easy to remedy?? every trip, the microwave screws would vibrate out to where a 20 LB microwave would drop 5' from its recess. Ill assume the current THOR company owners were gifted this company and live on easy street thanks to daddy's hard unappreciated work because they obviously don't care. There is literally no other excuse it could possibly be.

I enjoy making things better and I enjoy upgrading this coach but Im afraid the house portion will leak, rot, and delaminate way sooner than it ever should. I'm glad mine was a 2 yo/3k mile repo at a price no one would believe. The people that paid 70K ARE INSANE. Its worth 40k max new.

If you buy a THOR, be the type of person that can willingly fix anything RV, If you aren't, you will be VERY sorry.

I am going to install a 3 qtr enclosed car port to keep mine under to keep it from rotting in the sun and rain to add years of use. Otherwise, it will not last long.

User's recommendation: RVs are all very much junk under 100K. You better be very handy if your buying one!

RESPONSE TO EMAIL SENT RE:review #202****

Updated by user Aug 30, 2020

We picked up our vehicle from General RV in Ocala, Florida on July 31,2020 after they had done all they could do without a wiring schematic or wiring diagram. I was told they did contact Thor and did what they could with the electrical issues and checked the components...

Original review Jul 29, 2020
Dear Sir or Mam, As indicated in my last comments. Thor did not or have they contacted me since their post over a month ago. I have sent two emails as they instructed to their care team. The first on 26 June 2020 after their initial and only post. I have resent an Email as they instructed once again on 25 July 2020 four days ago. As of today, I have heard absolutely nothing from them. My motorhome is still in the shop and as of yesterday, the technicians still cannot determine the causes of the electrical problems. Again I believe having the wiring crossed from factory all this time has caused systemic electrical failures throughout the coach. I am in the process of obtaining legal counsel to see what my options are. What I have posted on your site is as detailed as the work orders I have over the past two years. Fifteen (15) separate invoices with over seventy (70) repair items. Over twenty of the items related to electrical problems and failures which until now were determined to be figments of my imagination since their diagnosis early on could not be determined or found.
Respectfully,
Gary D. Ross
MAJ, USAR
Retired
Loss:

Preferred solution: compensation for not being able to enjoy our purchase. replacement motorhome, immediate free RV rental for the vacation we planned to go on this week 6 months ago

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY A THOR PRODUCT WITHOUT PURCHASING ADDITIONAL WARRANTY INSURANCE.

Jane S Eur

Ongoing problems with our Mobile Suite

The day we took delivery of the Mobile Suite (April 2019) we had a leak under the bathroom sink. We fixed that ourselves, with the dealer, Robert Crist, giving us the needed pipe that we replaced.

The rig was parked, closed and unused, for several months. When we returned in Oct 2019, there was a leak under the water connection panel and the leveling system wasn't holding. We had both repaired, but the leveling system didn't hold. In February 2020 the toilet in the half-bath stopped working.

Due to the pandemic, we couldn't get parts. The stove wouldn't maintain its temperature in the oven and the gas flames didn't regulate properly. The front AC didn't cool properly. The dealer, Robert Crist, took the rig back in June 2020, and said they'd fix whatever needed fixing, and to ask them to look at whatever is problematic.

We asked them to check and fix all the issues above, as well as an awning issue it wouldn't deploy without manually pushing it and the water pump, as when we disconnected the 'city water' we couldn't get the pump to work, even though the water tank was full. While much of our issues are with Robert Crist, as they had the rig from June to November 2020, when we opened the rig in March 2021, there was a water leak from a vent hole and the toilet was still not working; we have since paid a repair person to fix these problems. The satellite dish/tv connection wasn't working; the refrigerator wasn't getting water; the heat pump stopped working and shortly after the AC stopped working. None of these things should be happening on a 2-year-old 5th wheel.

Further, Robert Crist charged us $1000 to look at the issues we reported, encouraging us to report whatever we could while they had it, never telling us there'd be a charge, even though the rig is under warranty. Robert Crist returned the RV to us in worse shape than when they got it; Thor produced an expensive 5th wheel with constant repair needs.

Loss:
Pros:
  • General good design of rvs
Cons:
  • Poor quality

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Don't buy Thor products! We had a Thor class A, and a Tiffin, prior to this Mobile Suite and also had constant problems.

Ali W Rhv

Verified Reviewer

The condition of the leather fabric on the sofas, dinette and captain chairs

I recently purchased a 2015 Thor Tuscany 44MT from Bob Hurley. I am not upset or angry. Right now, I have a question which is very concerning to me. The leather material on the sofas, dinette, and captain all have extensive wear on the seats of the passenger chair and the welting is flaking off on the entire ensemble. Is this a material flaw or What? I can't see the coach having that much wear and tear that all the welting is peeling and flaking. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? I will provide pictures at a later date when I receive a response from the company.
Pros:
  • Motor home design and layout very comfortable coach

TMC Team

Hello Ali. Thank you for reaching out!

If you could please provide the last 8 of your VIN, I will pass this information along to one of our Customer Support team members. You can also call 877-855-2867 or email me directly at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com. Our hours are Mon.-Thurs.

8-5 and Fri. 8-4 (ET).