Dennis L Orx
map-marker Nitro, West Virginia

My 2016 came with an axxera AVM 10 BH stopped working

First this piece of stopped opening the front to change the CD. Then the units rear camera started cutting in and out.Now the rear camera and both side view cameras have completely stopped working.

Arthur G Lmt

| map-marker Lincoln, Nebraska

Finding the VIN on a 1999 Damon Intruder 351 Class A gas motorhome.

Could not physically find the VIN on this motorhome for Nebraska sheriff's inspection.

User's recommendation: patience! Due to covid19 problems, having access to people is problematic.

Arthur G Lmt

| map-marker Lincoln, Nebraska

Trying to get a VIN location for a Damon Intruder 351 (36'). the paperwork says drivers door pillar.

There is no drivers door. The only door is on right side entry to kitchen area.Second area says just to left of driver on wall. This too is bare. We looked in all cabinets on walls. These too are bare. Got under coach to look along frame rails and in engine bay. We can find nothing for a vehicle VIN. When I say "we" I am including the Sheriff dept. of Lancaster County in Lincoln, Ne. I cannot get the Florida title transferred to Nebraska without this VIN physically on the coach. Damon Intruder 351 (36') Class A VIN 3FCNF53S1XJA23407. Florida title #8023****. Florida Control #14618**** previously titled to Matthew J. Arnold who moved from Tampa Bay Florida are to Bellevue Nebraska. (Military transfer). I have the Florida title and State of Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles Bill of Sale in hand. Sincerely, Arthur E. Godfrey 402-610-**** (cell), address: 2933 South 40th St. Lincoln, Ne. 68506

Preferred solution: send a valid VIN to be attached to the coach and able to register in the state of Nebraska

Cezary P

Constant issues

2015 Thor Miramar 35.3 Bought brand new. Constant issues with superslide. Upholstery is peeling throughout the camper. Spend just about the same amount of time in the shop fixing various issues as traveling. Maybe less traveling.....
Loss:
Pros:
  • Price
Cons:
  • Poor quality
  • Very poor customer service
  • Not standing behind their product

Preferred solution: I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE IT IN.

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY A THOR.

Melisa P Pix

Verified Reviewer

Kitchen lower cabinets fell off slide out because Slide Out broken

Our kitchen cabinets fell off the slide out, making it impossible to push the slide out or in, without someone else lifting the cabinet. Seems to be something wrong with the rollers or slide out mechanisms. The mechanic is still trying to figure it out. So far he is estimating thousands of dollars....and of course warranty so far is saying they will not cover it becuase it is probably something "we" broke. So disappointing.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Layout
Cons:
  • Construction

Preferred solution: Fix my Hurricane

User's recommendation: Don't buy a Thor :(

Chrystian Scg

| map-marker Oklahoma, United States

Changing ownship. Checking unresolvrd recalls

Have a 2014 tuscany 40rx. 4uzachcy2ecfm1227. .love the coach i talked one of your reps he indiated there were seven open recalls one to do with the brake pedal could be a saftey issue i have sent you people owner change doc . You said every thing was fine
TMC Team

Thank you for sharing. Upon review of your coach file, it appears that one of our Customer Service Specialists has been assigned to your file. Please email me at tmcteam@tmcrv.com if further assistance is needed!

Steve H Cvp

Question

On our first trip in our 2020 Thor Quantum, two of the blind pulls came off of the shades. How can we put them back on so they stay on? Thanks for your help. We have been enjoying everything else and love this motorhome!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: So far most everything is great!

Steve H Cvp

Thor has been extremely helpful in correcting our concerns! We are extremely pleased.

TMC Team

Thank you for giving us a positive review! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Welcome to the Thor Motor Coach family! Our Customer Support Team would be glad to assist you with your questions.Please feel free to reach out to us at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs.

8-5 and Fri. 8-4 ET) or email us at warrantysupport@tmcrv.com.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

HOW ABOUT A CLASS ACTION SUIT?

I can assure all of the Thor victims, I mean customers that if the Thor CEO had any motorhome issues that they would be resolved. This company has no clue what the word quality means. However some lame RV organizations manage to give Thor awards for their outstanding quality and customer satisfaction. It is about time we all rallly for some collective legal action. Maybe we should look into these RV organizations too. Camping World Service Dept. is another company that should concern potential customers. I'm embarrassed to say that we purchased a 2016 Windsport Motorhome last year. It has never seen a campsite, but it has seen the service bay of Camping World. The first day we got it home I documented over 30 defects with unit. Have recently found more. The saga continues...
Reason of review:
Bad quality

Chasmolian

Would love to join a class action lawsuit against Thor!

Joseph W Xuk

Bought a new Thor Motorcoach from Paul Sherry before they sold out to camping world. Worst experience ever.

Salesman got a bad attitude when I told them about warranty repairs needed done was more worried about his commission. Was lied to about the 3 yr warranty and got stuck with factory defects to have to fix out of my pocket. Detected or had approx. 40 defects within 14 months, many were present before purchase.

They refused to fix the obvious factory defective window or cabinets mounted around the electric bunk that were installed out of square. So ended up with a $80k new motorhome with 1,300 mi's I can't lock up because of window and bunk rubs and damages the fake wood when operated. Been in shop good portion of time waiting on parts and repair. Seems like the dealer and Thor doesn't care about quality and defects, they stick the buyer with excessive down time, waiting on parts, trips to repair and try to avoid repairing some obvious factory defects (said 3 yr warranty expired in 1yr).

They won't do what's morally correct, seems everything changes once they get your money. I would never buy a Thor or from Paul Sherry again! Check out all the bad THOR reviews and BBB. Check every little thing out even if it takes days and make sure they fix them before receiving rv and signing sales agreement with any seller.

The life long dream and great experience feeling took a humongous dive after they got my money, the excessive non stop issues make me sick to my stomach, this thing will most likely quarter and dollar me to death! I wish I would have got a school bus and built one right myself, RENT one or bought different manuf. used one. Thor also makes many other brands.

UPDATE:Lippert (window factory) agreed to send window and replace. They have been great! Outstanding cust. serv.

Bless them! UPDATE: just got notified that thieves broke into service facility and stole my catalytic converter after waiting 6 weeks and counting for replacement parts. Now I'm possibly out $750 deduct. on my Ins.

The nightmare never ends! Would love to join class action suit and get replacement, I will never trust this rv on any kind of road trip short or long.

Makylah Vuo

I started this thread regarding a class action lawsuit after purchasing a 2019 Sport-trek. Long story short, I contacted the VP of Manufacturing at Venture Rv, Aka KZ.

I provided much documentation of our issues. after much pressure on my part to file a lawsuit against them and the dealer I purchased from, they agreed to build me a new unit at NO cost to us. I also demanded all upgrades and extras at no cost. I also wanted an extended warranty for 3 years beyond the usual 1.

I wanted and got them to pay for the difference in cost for sales tax and excise tax due to the replacement being a 2020 with higher book value. I got everything I asked for. We got the replacement unit June 2020 and it was very much better constructed. They call it "red flag" where the attention to detail and quality are observed.

We are quite please with the replacement, it is what every unit leaving the factory should be. I will never purchase another Thor owned product in the future but at least I have a good one for now. My advice it write letters, call the senior manufacturing people, and be persistent.

If all else fails, I would begin a class action suit as there is obvious need for one. Good luck to all.

Ronald L Uru

I would love to tell you about my RV. Purchased it new, since day 3 I’ve had issues some major.

Took me a year and a half to get it in for service. Once I did, it was an even longer fight (continuous to this day) and I’m still finding serious issues. I’ve owned this unit since Aug 2017, purchase it new as 2018 and I’ve been able to use it 4 times. It has 3600 miles on it, of which 1000 were there when I bought it from them transporting it to the dealer.

Another 1800 when they had to drive it back to Indiana to fix black mold and mushrooms growing off it with about 20 other defects, and another couple hundred miles having to bring it to Ford and for RV repairs locally. Yes I’ve put maybe 600 miles of the 3600 on it. Thor tells me they stand by their product lol. They band aid ithings and cut you loose.

It’s how they’re a multi BILLION dollar company.

Don’t be fooled by them, stay away! WORST money loss ever.

Stevi Rrv

Class Action law suit I’m on board

Guest

I have had about 20 issues that had to be fixed.. Still have a few to go. Would like to join a class action suit

Teresa v Yht

I’m glad to see you come forward about your experience working for Thor. Do you know any other people currently employed or formally employed by Thor that might also come forward?

Guest

The reason Thor's motorhomes are awful all the way around the board is they "pay" their employees a peice rate but work them overtime hours. The employees at the very bottom make less than some fast food workers but some days work 10hr days.

They arent paid time a half for overtime because the company claims that overtime comes out of the piece rate. So, effectively, when they work overtime, they get paid less. And it is mandatory overtime, or you lose your job. So when a company overworks you, underpays you, and then terminates your employment, not because your a bad worker, but because they can't do their books right, it usually equates to the product being sold as CRAP.

Im sorry all of you had *** poor RV's. I made sure my quality didnt suffer, but i saw plenty other workers who got pissed about how they were treated there, and therefore did not give a damn about how well they did their jobs. Ask any Thor employee or former employee, and they will all tell you, DONT BUY. Don't buy Thor company goods because you're really just paying like 5 people in the company to *** on every other employee and pocket your money.

Thor should be shut down for abuse to their workforce, unpaid wages, and negligence to their customer base.

And if that were to happen, thousands of people would be out of a job. But, at least those thousands of people would be forced to find work for a company that actually pays their people properly, therefore putting out good product.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1849015

Sounds like they should be contacting the labor board! Mine is a POS and have used two time in two years!

Stevi Rrv
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1849015

Maybe if they did their job they would be paid. Better. It’s no excuse to screw over customers who spend a $100,000 + on a coach.

View more comments (118)
map-marker Sacramento, California

2018 Thor Miramar 35.2 Piece of #*@&

Bought the 2018 Thor Miramar 35.2 and immediately the super slide failed. All the Schwintek Slide tracks were replaced, both slide motors and the slide frame. To make matters worse I found out the slide frame was never shimmed properly, HOW THE *** could that pass inspections during building. My second slide also failed and had both motors and tracks replaced. I will give credit to La Mesa RV in Davis that they were very good about fixing the problems with little or no cost to me. Thank god I bought an extended warranty. I figure they have spent 8K in fixing these problems.

User's recommendation: Don't buy a motorhone with Schwintek Slide.........EVER!!!!!!!!

TMC Team

Thank you for sharing this experience. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs.

8-5 and Fri.

8-4) or you can email me directly at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com. You can also message me the last 8 of your VIN, Phone number and Email, and I will have one of our Customer Support team members contact you

Franklin B Knh

Verified Reviewer

Bought new 2018 freedom traveler a27 class A in 2018 and stereo would not work and they stated they replaced it and I looked at serial number in my paper work and it's still the same stereo. Driver side window that slides leaks water in and still leaks after taking back 6 times cause water is leaking on fuse box panel. Front windshield leaks at the top and water pours on my dash. Control panel flashing 9 times states short in hall ground still not fixed after 6 times going. Bedroom skylight has no screen on it when bought. Skylight in shower leaks water when we bought it. Front decals by headlight both sides split and shredding ( they said it's neglect from me. What ever.) When slides are out or in and it rains it comes in from top and bottom of the slides. Front end was supposed to be aligned when come from factory and Camping World said they couldn't do that I have to but it states it under the driver window. I'm not happy as you can tell. I see Lawsuit coming.
Loss:
Pros:
  • View

Preferred solution: New RV

User's recommendation: Stay away from Camping World

TMC Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs 8-5 and Fri 8-4 ET) or you can email us at tmcteam@tmcrv.com with the last 8 of your VIN, phone number, and email, and I will have one of our Customer Support team members contact you.

map-marker Ocala, Florida

Exterior finish deteriorerating

the rear driers side the finish is deteriorating it is a 2017 4 winds camper repair does not believe it is sun fading. Very dull clear cote gone even paste wax cannot restore

User's recommendation: read read read reviews I did not search enough now I regret it.

map-marker Zephyrhills, Florida

Poor quality in two rv's

bought a new 25 foot with a real slide. it would not retract so I drove it back to the dealer & was told I had to push the retract button 6 times. what a lousy system. the front seat had to be pushed on a 45 degree angle before turning it. bought a 2016 axis 24.1 with poor seat upholstering & the arm rest would not go up all the way, the windows on both sides were leaking which caused the wall to buckle

User's recommendation: no way would i recommend

Darrell W Tex

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Stay aware from Thor industries brands(keystone rv's)

Thor allows their manufacturers of Keystone Rvs to place misleading/deceptive labels on their products! I have an rv that is labeled( Artic Package included), when in fact there isn't artic preparation included! Thor industries allows Keystone to sell these units knowing there wasn't any additional preparation done, with the exclusion of 3 tank heaters. That doesn't help keep the inside warm! Keystone manufacturing doesn't use actual cold/hot weather scenarios to make sure that the heating/cooling systems placed in their products are actually sufficient for the environment the owner actually encounters! Buyer beware!

Darrell W Tex

Verified Reviewer

Stay aware from Thor industries brands(keystone rv's)

Updated by user Jan 18, 2020

These issues haven't been resolved as of today.

Original review Jan 18, 2020
I have a 2018 keystone Montana high Country 362RD, and Keystone is unwilling to assist a disabled veteran in resolving the heating/cooling issues I have with my rv. Keystone owner's relations (Mr Steinert) is aware that this is my residence and is on blocks for leveling, and is still requiring that this rv has to be taken to an authorized keystone service representative. I have informed Mr Steinert, there is an authorized keystone mobile technician here in the area but keystone is unwilling to pay for technician to troubleshoot my issues. Mr Steinert has closed my case because of this situation. If this is how Thor industries treats the veterans who served proudly, then they don't our patronage or the money we can spend there!
Cons:
  • Quality control
  • Poor qc and customer service
  • Quality of workmanship or hardware
Reason of review:
Bad quality

Preferred solution: Keystone add 3rd air conditioner, and a 2nd heating source for rear den.

map-marker Tomball, Texas

Bad toilet

Called dealer they were great. Waited two weeks no answer from Thor. Called customer service 4 times before they said they would upgrade the toilet. Great. Dealer contacted me said they would not pay for labor. Called Thor back get a rude employee and because this was the first time this was reported they arent paying for the labor. Coach is new laws than a year old. Poor service.

User's recommendation: Be wary